Thursday, August 11, 2016

Tinker Bell's NeverZootropolis Legend trailer

________
(DiSNEY)
♪ Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh!
Narrator: Zootopia, a gleaming city...
♪ Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh!
Narrator: ...where animals of all briefs, predator, and preylike live together in peace and harmony.
Judy: Hi! I'm Judy, your new neighbor.
Kudu: Yeah? Well, we're loud.
Oryx: Don't expect us to apologize for it.
♪ Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh!
Lionheart: ZPD's very first rabbit officer, Judy Hopps.
♪ Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh!
Judy: You ready to make the world a better place?
________
♪ Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh!
Iridessa: Did you guys see that comet last night?
♪ Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh!
Silvermist: No, but did you see that big, green ball of light that flew by?
Narrator: In Pixie Hollow, an ancient tale tells of a mysterious comet, and a legend.
Fawn: (ECHOING) Hello?
Narrator: But it's about to be unleashed.
Fawn: What are you?
(LOUD ROAR)
Fawn: Well, that was interesting.
_____________
(THIS MARCH)
Snow Leopard: Bad news in this city gripped by fear.
Beaver Reporter: What can you tell us about the animals that went savage? Are we safe?
Bogo: This is priority number one. Hopps. Parking Duty.
(The other police officers laugh)
Judy: Sir, I'm not just some token bunny.
Bogo: You strike out, you resign.
Judy: Deal!
______________
(FROM DISNEY)
Mayor: Hello?
Horton: Hello. Who's there?
Mayor: This is the mayor.
Horton: I don't exactly know how to tell you this. But, you're living on a speck.
Mayor: Seriously. Who is this? Is this Burt from accounting?
________
Judy: Hello! I'm here to ask you some questions about a case.
Nick: Well, then they should've gotten a real cop to solve it.
Judy: You are under arrest.
Nick: (mockingly) For what? (BABY VOICE) Hurting your feelings?
Judy: You are a key witness!
Nick: No. He is.
(Judy looks where Nick is pointing but sees no one there. She turns back and sees Nick running away)
Judy: (annoyed) Hey!
(She chases after him)
________
Nyx: Did you hear the roar?
Fawn: Was it like this? (YOWLING)
Nyx: No.
Fawn: (MIMICKING A MONKEY)
Nyx: Fawn!
Fawn: Yeah. If you hear that one, run.
________
Horton: There are people on this speck.
(Mrs. Quilligan gasps)
(Morton laughs)
Kangaroo: (LAUGHS) Absurd.
Horton: And they have a Mayor, who has 96 daughters and one son name JoJo, who all share a bathroom, whatever that is.
________
NarratorThe fairies will wick everything...
Tinker Bell: You're up to something.
Fawn: Who, me?
Tinker Bell: You definitely are.
NarratorTo change the fate of Pixie Hollow.
Fawn: Okay, just try not to scream.
(Gruff the NeverBeast)
Tinker Bell: (GASPS)
Fawn: Shh.
Tinker Bell: (MUFFLED) I'm not screaming. I'm gasping.
NarratorAnd make a friend for live.
Tinker Bell: I thought you said the legend wasn't real.
Fawn: Technically, I said he's not what they think.
________
Judy: I need to run a plate.
Nick: All right, I know a guy. You need something done, he's on it.
Judy: They're all sloths?
Judy: We are in a really big hurry.
Flash: I am... on...
Judy: (hopefully) It?
Flash: ...break.
Judy: (GROANS)
________
Mayor: Dr. Larue? If our world will say a tiny speck, how would we know?
Larue: Well, we'd have "inexplicable" tremors. Dramatic changes in the weather. And if we didn't eventually achieve some sort of stability, our world is headed for disaster.
Mayor: Oh, we're doomed.
________
♪ Birds don't just fly
♪ They fall down and get up
Judy: I have 36 hours left. We can only solve it together.
Bogo: It's not about how badly you want something, it's about what you are capable of!
Judy: I am a real cop.
♪ Nobody learns with getting it wrong
Nick: Never let them see that they get to you. Oh, you bunnies. You're so emotional.
Kangaroo: I want that clover destroyed.
Vlad: And I will devour clover. (GAGGING) (COUGHING)
Vlad: Then I regurgitate it. I'm gonna devour it second time. So, two times devoured.
________
♪ Birds don't just fly
♪ They fall down and get up
Nyx: This might be a threat to Pixie Hollow.
Fawn: What will you do if you find it?
Nyx: My job.
♪ Nobody learns with getting it wrong
Fawn: Have I ever put you guys in danger?
Rosetta: I still can't sit up straight.
________
♪ I won't give up No I won't give in
Nick: Do not let go!
Judy: I'm gonna let go!
Nick: What?
(FIND THE TRUTH)
♪ Till I reach the end And then I'll start again
Tinker Bell: Fawn's just got a big heart.
(FEEL THE MAGIC)
♪ No I won't leave
Nyx: Let's move it out!
♪ I want to try everything
♪ I want to try even though I could fail
Mr. Big: We may be evolved, but deep down, we are still animals.
(HOWLING)
Larry: Gary, quit it! You're gonna start a howl!
(HOWLING CONTINUES)
Judy: Oh! You are naked!
Yax: For sure, we're a naturalist club!
Elephant: Up'n way down.
________
♪ I won't give up No I won't give in
(FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS)
Fawn: For once, my head and heart, they're actually telling me to do the same thing.
♪ Till I reach the end And then I'll start again
Horton: "All right, fat boy, you want some?"
KANGAROO: Horton!
Horton: What?
Morton: Keep watching the skies!
Horton: I just know he's gonna jump out somewhere.
Vlad: Hello. (CHORTLING)
Horton: (SCREAMS)
Vlad: "Chess mate."
Horton: This is where we get off.
Vlad: (SCREAMS, GRUNTS)
Horton: Cool line. Usually I can I think of those things till later.
Mayor: So, JoJo, what's the world?
Sally: Sweetheart, you need to go to bed. Daddy's having a breakdown.
________
(FROM THE CREATORS OF: FROZEN & MUPPETS & FAIRIES' WINTERY SECRET, WRECK-IT RALPH, AND BIG HERO 6)
♪ Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh!
♪ Try everything
JUDY: Life is a little bit messy.
Finnick: (TRUMPETS)
Judy: We all make mistakes.
Flash: (LAUGHING SLOWLY)
Judy: No matter what type of animal you are. Change starts with you.
Horton: And even though you can't hear or see them at all, a person's a person, no matter how small. That's my code. My motto.
Nick: We got to go.
Judy: Whose car is it?
Nick: The most feared crime boss, Mr. Big.
(Crossing the bridge)
Horton: It's just a straight plummet to certain death.
________
(THE NEVERZOOTROPOLIS LEGEND)
JUDY: (WHISPERS) Is that Mr. Big?
Nick: Stop talking, stop talking!
(One polar bear turns Mr. Big's chair to reveal that he is an arctic shrew)
Mr. Big: Ice 'em.
(The polar bears are about to ice Judy and Nick)
Fru Fru: Daddy!
(She sees the polar bears about to ice Judy and Nick)
Fru Fru: What did we say? No icing anyone at my wedding!
Mr. Big: I have to, baby. Daddy has to.
♪ Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh!
Fawn: It's like you're a cross between Didelphis marsupialis and Bison occidentalis...
(Gruff sticks the tongue out)
Fawn: That spits.
Rosetta: Ew! My skin is gonna break out.
(The bridge Horton tries to cross begin to break away)
Horton: Don't worry, citizens of Who-ville. I'm light as a feather.
(Blue Danbue plays while Horton crosses the bridge)
Horton: (SPUTTERING) (SCREAMING) Hmm.
________
♪ Try everything ♪
(MARCH 4 in 3D)
__________
♪ I'll keep on making those new mistakes
♪ I'll keep on making them every day
♪ Those new mistakes
(INDISTINCT CONVERSATIONS)
(GURGLING)
(SQUEAKING)
♪ Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh!
♪ Try everything
♪ Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh!
♪ Try everything
♪ Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh!
♪ Try everything
♪ Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh!
♪ Try everything ♪
Gazelle: I'm Gazelle. Welcome to Zootopia.
__________
(TWITTERING)
♪ I'm gonna fall
♪ Headfirst and fast like an avalanche
♪ Maybe I'll land
Maybe I'll crash
♪ I will take that chance
♪ 'Cause there's nothing but air in between me and everything
♪ Nothing to keep me from flying aimlessly
♪ Shamelessly laughing at destiny
♪ And no one knows how high I go
♪ Or what makes the atmosphere glow
♪ I could follow the narrow road
♪ But maybe I'll let it all go
♪ And just float
♪ I'll float
♪ Float
__________
(We land at the front desk and find CLAWHAUSER, a PUDGY CHEETAH COP, happily eating a bowl of Lucky Chomps cereal)
JUDY: Excuse me! Down here! Hi.
(Clawhauser leans over the desk to find Hopps)
Clawhauser: O-M-Goodness! They really did hire a bunny. (LAUGHS) What! I gotta tell you, you're even cuter than I thought you'd be!
Judy: (a little wince) Oh, ah. You probably didn't know but a bunny can call another bunny "cute" but when other animals do it, it's a little...
Clawhauser: (GASPS) (realizing) I am so sorry! Me, Benjamin Clawhauser, the guy everyone thinks is just a flabby, donut-loving cop, stereotyping you. Oh... 
Judy: No, it's okay. Oh, you've actually got... There's a... In your neck. The fold.
(Clawhauser removes a small donut from under some neck fat)
JUDY: The... Mmm-hmm. Yes.
Clawhauser: There you went, you little dickens! Mmm.
(He crams the donut into his mouth)
Judy: (CHUCKLES NERVOUSLY) (awkwardly laughing ) I should get to roll call, which way do I...?
Clawhauser: Oh, Bullpen's over there to the left.
Judy: Great. Thank you!
(Clawhauser watches admiringly as she heads to the bullpen)
Clawhauser: (to himself, wistful) Aw... That poor little bunny's gonna get eaten alive.
__________
Bogo: All right. All right! Everybody sit.
(As Hopps sits, she disappears below the DESK that is meant for a rhino)
Bogo: I've got three items on the docket. First... we need to acknowledge the elephant in the room. (nods to ELEPHANT) Francine... Happy birthday.
(An elephant, FRANCINE, blushes as other cops clap)
BOGO: Number two. There are some new recruits with us I should introduce, but I'm not going to, because I don't care.
(He turns to a push pin-pocked MAP that's covered in photos of MISSING MAMMALS. Hopps's eyes go wide)
Bogo: Finally, we have 14 missing mammal cases. All predators, from a giant polar bear to a teensy little otter. And City Hall is right up my tail to find them. This is priority number one.
__________
NARRATOR: The Mayor of Who-ville, a man named McDod was devoted and fair and a little bit odd.
(HUMMING)
(CHUCKLES)
(CHILDREN CHATTERING)
(HUMMING)
NARRATOR: The Mayor and his wife, they had children to spare. Ninety-six daughters, some here and some there.
Narrator: Ninety-six girls to love, Ninety-six girls to teach.
(CHATTERING CONTINUES)
Narrator: But the mayor had only a few seconds for each.
Helen: Daddy, I do better than best on my "Who-story" test.
Mayor: Ah, Who-story. I remembered well.
Sally: That's one of my girls.
Hooly: Hildy's been using my hairbrush?
Hedy: Holly's been using my hairbrush.
Mayor: Look! Over there!
Mayor: There. All better.
Heather: Can I please have a Who-phone, Dad? Everyone else in my class has one.
Mayor: Oh, really? Everyone?
Mayor: Oh. I will think about it.
BOTH: Daddy, look! Daddy look!
(HUMMING)
Mm-hmm.
Hanna: Toof!
Sally: It's a "T-H," sweetheart. It's "tooth"
NARRATOR: In Who-ville tradition, unlike yours or mine, the mayor's oldest is next in the mayoral line. And who was the oldest, to lead and stand tall?
Narrator: It was JoJo, his son, the smallest Who of all.
Mayor: So, JoJo, what's, uh, what's shaking? What's happening? What's the world?
NARRATOR: Now to you or to me, it's finally clear that JoJo did not want his father's career. But the Mayor pressed forward completely deluded...
(SCATTING)
Narrator: while JoJo just sat there in silence and brooded.
Mayor: Oh, JoJo.
Hooly: Hey! Why this he get more time? 
That's not fair.
Mayor: Son. Hey.
NARRATOR: And why didn't he speak? Well, I think the lad was afraid if he did, he might let down his dad.
__________
Fawn: See, Tink? I told you this would work. All you need is a little faith, trust, and...
(Fawn paused when she noticed pixie dust falling from the sky above)
Fawn: Pixie dust?
(It was ROSETTA)
ROSETTA: There you are! We've been looking for you all morning!
(Iridessa, VIDIA, and SILVERMIST were with her)
Iridessa: Hey, did you guys see that comet last night?
Silvermist: No, but did you see that big, green ball of light that flew by?
(Rosetta changed the subject)
ROSETTA: What's with the berries?
Fawn: Just bringing them to the forest. For the animals.
Vidia: Don't berries come from the forest?
Fawn: (quickly) Not this particular variety which is, um, extra berry-full-licious-tastic!
(Silvermist was excited)
Silvermist: Yum! Can we help?
(Fawn brushed her away)
Fawn: No, no, no! We're fine. Why would we need help?
Rosetta: Oh, for goodness' sake. There's an easier way to do this.
(Without permission, Rosetta sprinkled pixie dust on the berries. The berries began to rise...)
(Fawn tried to stop her)
Fawn: Wait! No, no! You don't know what you're doing!
Rosetta: It's called "helping." A simple "thank you" would suffice.
(The dusted berries kept lifting rapidly into the air...)
Rosetta: What are you all staring at?
(The girls all backed off, wide-eyed. Every animal and fairy in the Animal Den turned to stare. Then Hannah chirped)
(The fairies screamed! Animals and fairies were running and shouting, trying to get away from Hannah. Hannah was scared from all the screaming. She flapped her wings and squawked)
__________
(EXT. ANIMAL DEN – DAY. The baby birds were chirping. Fury called out to the animal fairy (ROBIN) who was conducting the birds in their song)
Fury: Did you hear it?
Robin: Hear what?
Fury: The roar! Did you hear the roar?
(Robin pulled cotton out of her ears)
Robin: Sorry, did you say something?
(Chase asked a fairy named BUCK, who was working with the squirrels, about the roar)
Buck: You bet I heard it.
(He turned to the squirrels)
Buck: Little faster. Visualize the acorn right in front of you.
Chase: Excellent. What was it?
(Buck shrugged)
Buck: No idea. But let me know as soon as you find out.
(An animal fairy named MORGAN was coaching a baby skunk how to spray)
Morgan: Gently, now. To the left. No, the other left! 
(Nyx dropped in front of her, pulled the skunk's tail down)
Nyx: (to Morgan) That roar...
Morgan: This morning?
(She'd heard it)
Nyx: What was it?
Morgan: Oh, I don't know. I don't specialize in roars. Now, grunts and growls, on the other hand...
(Morgan was going to explain more, but Nyx cut her off)
Nyx: Who would know?
Morgan: Well, if it came from anything big...
Buck: Loud...
Robin: Scary...
Morgan: And dangerous, try...
(Morgan was about to say the name when Nyx finished for her)
Nyx: Fawn.
(She had to find Fawn)
__________
Mayor: (SQUEAKY) Hello?
Horton: (GASPS) Hello.
(HORTON SPEAKING INDISTINCTLY)
Horton: Who's there?
Mayor: Um, this is the mayor.
Horton: The mayor? The mayor? (GIGGLING) I'm talking to the mayor!
Horton: I knew it. I knew it. I knew it. I knew it. There's life on this speck.
Mayor: Speck? What speck?
Horton: Well, um... I don't exactly know how to tell you this. But... You're living on a speck.
Mayor: Well, I hate to disagree with you. Oh, voice from the drain pipe. But, I live in Whoville.
Horton: Well, then Whoville is a speck.
MAYOR: Right. Okay. Seriously. Who is this? Is this Burt from accounting?
Horton: Uh, no. This is Horton. I'm an elephant.
Mayor: Okay. Horton, fake name. Where are you?
HORTON: Well, from where you standing? I guess I'm in the sky.
Horton: Compare to you I'm enormous which is saying something because I slim down quite a bit I swim.
Horton: Your whole world fits on a flower in my world.
Mayor: Oh, man, this is even pushing it for you Bert.
Horton: Don't believe me? Watch what happen when I put you in the shade.
Mayor: This is absolutly impossi...
HORTON: Dark.
(STAMMERING)
Horton: Light. Dark. Light.
Horton: Dark, light, dark, light!
Mayor: Wow!
HORTON: Light!
Mayor: Whoo.
Horton: Don't you see? We're in the middle of some kind of amazing cosmic convergence. Two vastly different worlds. Miraculously crossing paths!
Mayor: Who...
Horton: Mine colossal! Yours minuscule. Yet, somehow we've managed to make contact. If you think about it, it's pretty amazing.
Horton: Is everything okay down there?
Mayor: Oh. I.. I don't know. You tell me... You're the one who hold the speck.
Horton: I'm the one who's holding the speck. (GASPS) I'm the one holding the speck.
__________
Narrator: Horton was faithful and stalwart and kind.
Horton: I got ya. Don't worry.
Narrator: He was a brave hero.
Horton: I'll protect you. (KARATE YELLS) 
Narrator: At least in his mind.
Horton: We must become invisible. Travel silently. For there're forces. that would seek to destroy us.
Horton: Huh? So, you think you can speak up on me, huh?
(KARATE YELLS)
Horton: It's clear that you're match for my technique! Hey!
(GROANING)
Horton: I see you have mastered the Way of the Snapping Branch. Watch me tumble!
KIDS: Morton Mouse, go!
Morton: You are fast, Horton, but the Kangaroo has monkeys!
Horton: I will make monkeys of these monkeys. It is their destiny, Huh?
Horton: (GRUNTING) My clover!
-(ALL YELLING) -Ooh!
Clover: Horton is the greatest hero of them all! Ha!
Horton: Horton! Go!
Morton: Morton! Go!
(KARATE YELL)
Morton: Oh, Mount Nool is that way!
Ha-ha-ha!
Horton: To the top of the mountain Nool. As fast as lightning. Away I go!
(YELLS)
Horton: Oh, sorry little fella. You'll be fine. Just thinking healing thoughts.
(EXT. PIXIE HOLLOW – MONTAGE: Back outside the NeverBeast's cave, the creature was still hard at work sorting stones. Fawn landed in one of his giant footprints and measured its width by walking across it)
KT Tunstall: ♪ Strange sight
♪ You stand in the light
♪ You're wrong but you're right
♪ My heart's beating wildly
(After that, she snuck in from behind dropping a measuring tape over his ear, checking his size. She made a note on her clipboard)
KT Tunstall: ♪ Strange how I'm scared but delighted
♪ Afraid, but excited, too
(Suddenly Fawn shrieked as the ground rumbled. The beast was rolling another rock)
(Fawn slid under him to snip off a piece of fur. She ducked in a hole to hide, but when the beast rolled a rock on top of her hole, she was trapped inside)
KT Tunstall: ♪ You have a cold heart
♪ You're reckless and distant, but I'll be persistent
♪ I will understand you
FAWN: Hello?
(She found a way to free herself and began working on sewing clumps of he beast's fur together to make a beast costume. With a mighty roar, she jumped out of the brush)
KT Tunstall: ♪ Strange 
♪ How I'm drawn to the danger
♪ I reach out my hands to you
(The beast ignored her)
(When night fell, Fawn created a bed from brush and sticks, just like the beast was doing, but the beast rolled a rock over her bed, crushing it)
KT Tunstall: ♪ Do you long to be left all alone?
♪ Set apart with a heart
♪ made of stone
♪ Let me help, let's begin
♪ Let me learn
♪ Won't you let me in?
♪ All the light
♪ Let it show
(The next day, Fawn began stomping in a circle, exactly like the beast)
(When the beast rolled a giant boulder with his snout. Fawn did the same with a small pebble and her nose)
KT Tunstall: ♪ You are a strange sight
♪ Some new kind of wonder
♪ With good hidden under
♪ I'm sure that it's true
(The beast was building a mighty tower. Fawn added her pebble to the rock pile, but the beast carefully flicked it away)
(Fawn sighed. She simply wanted to understand)
KT Tunstall: ♪ Strange how your dark doesn't faze me
♪ No, I won't give up on you
(She sat down and tried to draw a picture of the beast. He turned away from her. Fawn's drawing was a mess. The day was getting away from her, and she hadn't learned much about him yet)
KT Tunstall: ♪ Do you long to be left all alone?
♪ Set apart with a heart made of stone
♪ Let me help, let's begin
♪ Let me learn
♪ Won't you let me in?
♪ All the light, let it show
(Day turned to night. Fawn flew near the beast's head and suddenly his eyes lit up when she glided past. Her glowing pixie dust trail caught his attention and he looked up, captivated. It was a breakthrough! Fawn grinned and took a note)
KT Tunstall: ♪ If you're caught in the shadows and turned all around
♪ Lost in the darkness you will be found
♪ If you hear my voice
♪ Follow the sound
♪ 'Cause I'm here to guide you home
(As she wrote in her notebook, the NeverBeast abruptly nudged her with his giant nose. Fawn and the beast had connected! His expression was soft and gentle. She smiled back at him)
KT Tunstall: ♪ Do you long to be left all alone?
♪ Set apart with a heart made of stone
♪ Let me help, let's begin
♪ Let me learn
♪ Won't you let me in?
♪ All the light, let it show
(Fawn began sprinkling pixie dust on top of a boulder. The rock began to levitate, and she gracefully placed the rock on top of the beast's pile. He allowed her contribution to remain)
KT Tunstall: ♪ Do you long to be left all alone?
♪ Set apart with a heart made of stone
♪ There's a light that you shine
♪ There's a love
♪ I see it in your eyes
♪ All the dark
♪ Let it go
♪ You're not alone ♪
(Hours passed, Fawn and the beast's tower continued to grow, But Fawn was getting tired. This time, when she got into her makeshift bed, the beast walked around it. Fawn yanked and fell fast asleep)
(INT. HOPPS'S APARTMENT, HALLWAY – EVENING. CLOSE ON HER WELCOME MAT: Hopps wipes off her cement covered feet. Then she enters)
(THE APARTMENT – Hopps turns on the radio. Everybody Hurts plays. She changes the station. A sadder song comes on. She changes the station repeatedly, each song progressively sadder. Finally, she lands on a treacly instrumental that will score the scene)
(She puts in a microwave dinner: CARROTS FOR ONE. Hopps takes her food (A SINGLE CARROT) and sits at a small table)
(Her phone rings. INSERT: MOM & DAD FACETIME. Hopps shakes her head, sighs, then puts on a fake smile and answers)
Judy: Oh, hey, it's my parents.
Bonnie: Oh, there she is! Hi, sweetheart!
(THE FACETIME cuts between Bonnie on her phone. Stu will pop in and out of frame)
Stu: Hey there, Jude the dude. How was your first day on the force?
Judy: It was real great!
BONNIE: Yeah? Everything you ever hoped?
Judy: Mmm. Absolutely. And more. Everyone's so nice, and I feel like I'm really making a difference.
Stu: (pops head into frame) Wait a second. Holy cripes, Bonnie, look at that.
Bonnie: (a discovery) Oh, my sweet heaven! Judy, are you a meter maid?
(Hopps is still wearing her vest, and her hat is on the chair)
Judy: (panicked) Oh, this? No! Oh, no. This is just a temporary thing.
Bonnie: Oh, it's the safest job on the force!
STU: Oh, she's not a real cop. Our prayers have been answered!
BONNIE: Glorious day! 
STU: (LAUGHS) Oh, meter maid! Meter maid!
Judy: Dad. Dad.
Stu: Meter maid!
Judy: Dad! It's been a really long day, I should really...
Bonnie: That's right, you get some rest.
Stu: Those meters aren't gonna maid themselves.
Bonnie: Bye-bye.
Judy: (eye roll) Buh-bye.
(She hangs up, defeated. The SELF-PITYING MUSIC comes up full)
ORYX: Hey, buddy, turn down that depressing music.
(Judy turns off the music)
KUDU: Leave the meter maid alone. Didn't you hear her conversation? She feels like a failure!
ORYX: Oh, shut up! KUDU: You shut up!
ORYX: You shut up!
KUDU: You shut up!
Judy: (quietly to herself) Tomorrow's another day.
KUDU: Yeah, but it might be worse!
(Off Judy's exhausted look, we:)
(EXT. STREETS OF ZOOTOPIA – THE NEXT DAY. Hopps, on meter maid duty, thunks a ticket on a windshield)
Moose: (GRUNTS) I was 30 seconds over!
(Another meter dings, Hopps puts another ticket on a very small windshield)
Angry Gerbil Lady: Ugh! Yeah, you're a real hero, lady!
(DING! Another ticket down. A MOTHER HIPPO picks up the ticket, her SMALL CHILD looks right at Hopps)
Hippo Child: My mommy says she wishes you were dead.
ANGRY DRIVER: Uncool, rabbit. My tax dollars pay your salary.
Jessica: Horton! Horton! Look! Tommy: Look, look, look!
Jessica: We've all got own clovers with worlds on them.
Yeah!
Horton: Oh. (GASPS)
Katie: In my world, everyone's a pony, and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies.
Horton: That's beautiful, Katie.
Katie: Ah.
Horton: In a really weird way.
__________
(Resuming the chase, Hopps jumps off the building– landing precariously in the midst of a large group of mice)
Judy: (SIGHS) Oh! Sorry. Coming through. Excuse me. Excuse me. Pardon.
(Hopps locates Weaselton, who's safely making his escape on the top of a tiny mouse train)
Duke Weaselton: Bon voyage-e, flat foot!
(But Hopps won't quit. She takes a shot cut and knocks him off the train. JUDY: Ha! Oh... Rodents scream and run amidst the chaos)
Judy: Hey, stop right there!
(The Weasel throws an ornamental doubt at Hopps)
Duke Weaselton: Have a donut, copper!
(But the donut misses and rolls towards some SHREWS coming out of "Mousies.")
Fru Fru: Oh, my God. Did you see those leopard print jeggings? (sees the donut about to kill her) (SCREAMING)
(But at the last second... Hopps stops it! Deep breath...)
Judy: I love your hair.
Fru Fru: Thank you.
(Meanwhile, the Weasel spots the bag he was stealing and smugly picks it up, ready to leave)
Duke Weaselton: (LAUGHING) Come to papa.
(Then out of nowhere, Hopps dumps the donut on his head)
__________
BOGO: Ma'am, our detectives are very busy.
Mrs. Otterton: Please. There's gotta be somebody to find my Emmitt.
Bogo: Mrs. Otterton...
JUDY: I will find him.
(Mrs. Otterson races over to Hopps and gives her a big hug of relief. Bogo looks to Hopps, ready to explode)
MRS. OTTERTON: (SIGHS) Oh! Thank you! Bless you. Bless you, little bunny. (hands picture of family) Take this. Find my Emmitt. Bring him home to me and my babies, please.
(Bogo grunts and usher Mrs. Otterton back outside)
Bogo: Mrs. Otterton, please wait out here.
Mrs. Otterton: Of course. Oh, thank you both so much.
Bogo: One second.
(He closes the door and turns to Hopps, furious)
Bogo: You're fired.
Judy: What? Why?
Bogo: Insubordination! Now. I'm going to open this door and you're goind to tell that otter you're a former meter maid with delusion of grandeur who will not be taking the case.
(Bogo opens the door, to find... Bellwether, hugging Mrs. Otterton)
Bellwether: I just heard Officer Hopps is taking the case.
Bogo: Assistant Mayor Bellwether.
Bellwether: (texting) The Mammal Inclusion Initiative is really starting to pay off. (CHUCKLES) Mayor Lionheart is just gonna be so jazzed!
Bogo: No, no, let's not tell the Mayor just yet.
Bellwether: And I've sent it, and it is done, so I did do that.
__________
(EXT. DOWNTOWN STREET – LATER. We find Nick pushing a BABY STROLLER. HOPPS zooms up in her traffic cart, smiling)
Judy: Hi! Hello? It's me, again!
Nick: Hey, it's Officer Toot-Toot. 
Judy: (fake laugh, humoring him) (LAUGHS) No. Actually, it's Officer Hopps and I'm here to ask you some questions about a case.
Nick: What happened, meter maid? Did someone steal a traffic cone? It wasn't me.
(Hopps looks ahead, Nick has gone around the corner. Hopps pulls in front of Nick and sounds her siren)
Nick: Hey, Carrots, you're going to wake the baby. I gotta get to work.
Judy: This is important, sir. I think your $10 worth of popsicles can wait.
Nick: (SCOFFS) I make 200 bucks a day, Fluff! 365 days a year, since I was 12. And time is money. Hop along.
Judy: Please, just look at the picture.
(Hopps holds up the traffic cam picture of the Otter)
Judy: You sold Mr. Otterton that popsicle, right? Do you know him?
Nick: I know everybody. And I also know that, somewhere there's a toy store missing its stuffed animal, so why don't you get back to your box?
(Hopps' ears droop)
Judy: Fine. Then we'll have to do this the hard way.
(She puts a boot on the stroller)
Nick: Did you just boot my stroller?
Judy: Nicholas Wilde, you are under arrest.
Nick: Ha! For what? (BABY VOICE) Hurting your feelings?
Judy: Felony Tax Evasion.
(Nick smiles drops a bit)
Judy: Yeah, $200 a day, 365 days a year since you were 12. That's two decades, so times 20, (calculating) which is $1,460,000, I think. (CHUCKLES) I mean, I am just a dumb bunny, but we are good at multiplying. Anyway, according to your tax forms, (presenting the forms) you reported, let me see here... zero! Unfortunately, lying on a federal form is a punishable offense. Five years jail time.
Nick: Well, it's my word against yours.
(Hopps clicks a button on her CARROT PEN, which SPEAKS)
NICK ON RECORDING: 200 bucks a day, Fluff! 365 days a year, since I was 12.
Judy: Actually, it's your word against yours. And if you want this pen, you're going to help me find this poor missing otter or the only place you'll be selling popsicles is the prison cafeteria. (dramatic smirk) It's called a hustle, sweetheart.
(Nick is utterly speechless)
FINNICK: She hustled you. (rude laugh) (LAUGHING) (INHALES) She hustled you good! You're a cop now, Nick. You gonna need one of these.
(THWAP! Finnick slaps his JUNIOR OFFICER STICKER on Nick)
Finnick: (CHUCKLES) Have fun working with the fuzz! (CONTINUES LAUGHING)
Judy: Start talking.
Nick: (SIGHS) I don't know where he is. I only saw where he went.
Judy: Great. Let's go!
Nick: It's not exactly a place for, uh, a cute little bunny.
Judy: Don't call me cute. (forceful) Get in the car.
Nick: Okay. You're the boss.
Horton: All right. I gotta get this speck up to the top Mount Nool A.S.A.P. Whatever that means. Probably, "act swiftly, awesome pachyderm." I mean, how hard can it be?
Horton: (WHIMPERS) It's just a straight plummet to certain death.
Horton: This looks kind of precarious. Well, no need to worry. Obviously, when they build the bridge like this they take into account that elephants will be crossing here.
Horton: All right. Feels good. I'll just get... The feel of it!
(STAMMERING)
Horton: Yike!
(GROANING)
-(DENTIST'S DRILL WHIRRING) -(MAN YELPING, MUFFLED)
MAYOR: Oh, that's... That's true.
(MAN GARGLING)
(DRILL WHIRRING)
(MAN SCREAMING)
(WOMAN SCREAMING)
Mayor: (GASPS) All right!
Dentist: Hello. And how are we today, Mr. Mayor?
Dentist: Say "ahh."
Ahh.
Ah!
Hmm.
Dentist: Rinse, please.
Horton: (NASAL VOICE) I think a few of these boards could stand to be replaced.
Ooh!
(WHIMPERS)
Horton: I just need to think light. I'm light as a feather. I'm light as a feather.
Horton: Heavy feather.
Dentist: Okay. This will just pinch a little.
(GASPS)
Horton: I'm lighter than a feather. What's lighter than a feather?
Horton: (GASPS) Air! There's nothing lighter. So, it stands to reason... (INHALES) that the more air I have... (INHALES) the lighter... (INHALES) I'll be.
(GROANING)
(GROANS)
-Ah! -(EXHALES)
(SPUTTERING)
(SCREAMS)
(GROANS)
(MOANING AND GROANING)
(CONTINUES GROANING)
Ah!
DENTIST: Next, please.
Horton: All right, that was absolutely terrifying. If I just pull myself up...
Horton: (GASPS) Try not to panic.
(GRUNTING)
(SCREAMING)
Horton: Hmm.
Horton: Whew! That could have been a disaster. Wow. I feel really good right now. Maybe it's my new sense of purpose.
Whoa.
-(GROUND RUMBLING) -(GASPING)
(GRUNTING AND GROANING)
Mayor: All right. (SIGHS)
Mayor: Hey! JoJo, I need your help. Can you help me? Okay. Great.
Mayor: Okay, first I need you to go to the girls' room. Aah!
Mayor: Take down Hannah's china doll collection and then... Stop looking at my arm. Put away Molly's lightbulb collections and then... You know what? Just take of anything that might break or shatter.
Mayor: Okay. Take a good, long look. Got it? Thanks, JoJo.
(PANTING)
(SPEAKING GIBBERISH)
Mayor: (SCREAMS IN PAIN) Oh!
(CHUCKLES) Whew!
MAYOR: Here. And I'll take that. And... Oh! Ah!
(GRUNTING)
SALLY: Hi! You're home late.
Mayor: Oh. Sorry, hon. I was just having some dental work done on my arm.
Sally: So, what was the... Ned!
(GASPS, CHUCKLES)
Sally: What are you doing?
Mayor: What do you mean?
Sally: Well, I'm no detective, Ned. But you are hanging from the chandelier.
Mayor: I just thought it might look better somewhere it can't fall on us and crush us in our sleep.
(YELLS, CHUCKLES)
Sally: What is going on?
Mayor: (EXHALES) Hey, hon. (CHUCKLES) Did you ever get the feeling that you were being watched?
Sally: Um, yeah. Sure, I suppose.
Mayor: And then you get feeling that maybe that thing watching you is... Uh, a giant elephant.
Sally: Um...
Mayor: You know, how'd get that weird feeling that your world is actually a tiny speck? And that the elephant that I talked about earlier, he's carrying it around on flower. And you realize then if you tell anybody, they'd think you were crazy. But you still feel the responsibility to keep everyone safe. You know that feeling?
Sally: Um... You know, I'm gonna have to say no. Do you know that feeling?
Mayor: Ah! (CHUCKLES) No. (YAWNING) Yawn. Wow! I am beat. Time to hit the hey, I guess.
SALLY: Sweetheart. I know you're under a lot of stress. And if you're seeing elephants and flowers, then fine. Just don't tell anyone else that story. Okay? And remember, it's not the end of the world.
Mayor: The end of the world?
(INT. THE MYSTIC SPRING OASIS – LATER. The Mystic Spring Oasis is new age, full of incense, etc. A meditating HIPPIE YAK sits with flies buzzing around his head, matching the tone of his ohm. Hopps enters with Nick and they approach the yak (still with his eyes closed))
YAX: (CHANTING) Om!
Judy: (CLEARS THROAT) Hi. Hello?
(The yak continues his incessant chanting)
Judy: Um, hello? Hello? Hello?
(The yak finally shakes out of his trance and notices Hopps)
JUDY: Hello. My name is...
Yax: Oh, you know, I'm gonna hit the pause button right there, because we're all good on Bunny Scout cookies.
Judy: Uh...no. I'm Officer Hopps, ZPD. I'm looking for a missing mammal, Emmitt Otterton, right here, (shows photo) who may have frequented this establishment.
(The Yak looks at Hopps' picture. His eyes go wide, as if he's about to say something really important, and then:)
Yax: (SNEEZES) (flies go everyone) (SNIFFLES) Hmm. Yeah, old Emmitt. (CHUCKLES) Haven't seen him in a couple of weeks. But, hey, you should talk to his yoga instructor. I'd be happy to take you back.
Judy: Oh, thank you so much. I'd appreciate that more than you can imagine, it'd be such... (scream) Oh! You are naked!
(The Yak comes around the counter and he IS naked)
Yax: Huh? Oh, for sure, we're a naturalist club! (LAUGHS)
Nick: Yeah. In Zootopia, anyone can be anything. These guys, they be naked.
(Nick grins, Hopps isn't pleased)
Yax: Nangi's just on the other side of the pleasure pool.
(The Yak opens the doors to a POOL AREA, with tons of naked animals sunning themselves, playing in the pool, etc. Hopps' eyes nearly pop out of her head. Nick learns in)
NICK: Oh, boy. Does this make you uncomfortable? Because if so, there is no shame in calling it quits.
Judy: Yes, there is.
Nick: Boy, that's the spirit.
(EXT. NATURALIST CLUB – COURTYARD – MOMENTS LATER. Nick revels in Hopps' discomfort over the nude animals everywhere. Lots of nude animals. Yax leads them, oblivious)
YAX: Yeah, some mammals say the naturalist life is weird, but you know what I say is weird? Clothes on animals! Here we go!
(Nangi's engaging in a string of fair evocative yoga poses)
Yax: As you can see, Nangi is an elephant, so she'll totally remember everything. Hey, Nangi. These dudes have some questions about Emmitt the otter.
Nangi: Who?
Yax: Uh...Emmitt Otterton? Been coming to your yoga class for like 6 years.
Nangi: I have no memory of this beaver.
Judy: He's an otter, actually.
Yax: He was here a couple Wednesdays ago, remember?
Nangi: No.
Yax: Yeah, he was wearing a green cable knit sweater vest, and a new pair of corduroy slacks. Oh, and a paisley tie, sweet Windsor knot. Real tight. Remember that, Nangi?
Nangi: No.
(Nancy doesn't want to be bothered. And she's useless. Yax is a gold mine, though! Hopps writes down everything he says)
Yax: Yeah, and we both walked him out, and he got into this big old white car with a silver trim. Needed a tune up. The third cylinder wasn't firing. Remember that, Nangi?
Nangi: No.
Judy: (STAMMERS) Uh... You didn't happen to catch the license plate number, did you?
Yax: Oh, for sure. It was 2-9-T-H-D... 0-3.
JUDY: 0-3. Wow. This is a lot of great info. Thank you.
Yax: Told you Nangi has a mind like a steel trap. I wish I had a memory like an elephant.
(EXT. SAHARA SQUARE – MOMENTS LATER. Nick and Hopps emerge)
Nick: Well, I had a ball. You are welcome for the clue. And seeing as any moron can run a plate, I will take that pen and bid you adieu.
(As Nick reaches to take it, Hopps realizes something and leaves him hanging)
Judy: The plate. I can't run a plate. (frustrated grunt) (GROANS) I'm not in the system yet.
Nick: Give me the pen, please.
(Hopps gets an idea...)
Judy: (still withholding pen) What was it you said? "Any moron can run a plate"? Gosh. If only there were a moron around who were up to the task.
Nick: Rabbit, I did what you asked! You can't keep me on the hook forever.
Judy: Not forever. Well, I only have 36 hours left to solve this case. So can you run the plate or not?
Nick: Actually, I just remembered I have a pal at the DMV.
(EXT. DMV – LATER. They arrive at the DMV, the "Department of Mammal Vehicles")
Nick: Flash is the fastest guy in there. If you need something done, he's on it.
JUDY: I hope so. We are really fighting the clock and every minute counts. (suddenly stops, alarmed) Wait. They're all sloths?
(Unfortunately, every mammal working there is a... SLOTH. INSERT: SLOTH EMPLOYEES taking extraordinary amounts of time to do the simplest of tasks– stapling, stamping, etc.)
Judy: You said this was going to be quick!
Nick: (faux innocence) Are you saying just because he's a sloth he can't be fast? I thought in Zootopia, anyone could be anything.
(Nick smiles. Hopps doesn't. They head to Flash's station)
Nick: Flash, Flash, hundred yard dash. Buddy, it's nice to see you.
(Flash doesn't respond. Beat)
Flash: Nice to... (beat) (beat) see you... (beat) (beat) too.
(Hopps looks like she's going to die)
Nick: Hey, Flash, I'd love you to meet my friend. Uh, darling, I've forgotten your name.
Judy: (fake smile, to Nick) Hmm. Officer Judy Hopps, ZPD, (shows badge) how are you?
(Flash doesn't respond... then...)
Flash: I am... doing... just...
Judy: Fine?
Flash: ...as well as... I can... be. What...
Nick: (to an impatient Hopps) Hang in there.
Flash: ...can I... do...
Judy: Well, I was hoping you could run a...
Flash: ...for you...
Judy: Well, I was hoping you could...
Flash: ...today?
(Hopps pauses– cautiously optimistic that he's finished)
Judy: Well, I was hoping you could run a plate for us. We are in a really big hurry.
(Beat. Beat)
Flash: Sure. What's the... plate...
Judy: 2-9-T...
Flash: ...number?
(Hopps takes a breath)
Judy: 2-9-T-H-D-0-3.
Flash: (several beats) Two... nine...
Judy: T-H-D-0-3.
Flash: ...T...
Judy: H-D-0-3.
Flash: ...H...
Judy: D-0-3.
Flash: ...D...
Judy: Mm-hm. 0-3.
Flash: ...0...
Judy: 3.
(Flash is just about to say three, but...)
Nick: Hey, Flash. Wanna hear a joke?
Judy: No!
FLASH: Sure.
Nick: Okay. What do you call a three-humped camel?
Flash: I don't... know. (beat) What... do... you call... a...
Judy: Three-humped camel.
Flash: ...three-humped... camel?
Nick: Pregnant. (LAUGHING)
(Nick laughs at his own joke. Flash doesn't react, then finally raises his head with a smile and...)
Flash: (LAUGHING SLOWLY)
Judy: Ha-ha! Yes, very funny, very funny. Can we please just focus on the... Wait, wait, wait!
(Flash slowly reaches over to the sloth next to him)
FLASH: ...Priscilla!
JUDY: Oh, no!
Priscilla: Yes... Flash?
Flash: What... do...
Judy: No!
Flash: ...you call a...
Judy: A three-humped camel? "Pregnant!" Okay, great, we got it. Please just...
Flash: ...three... humped...
Judy: (GROANS)
(INT. DMV – LATER. A slow DOT-MATRIX printer spits out the address for CAR LICENSE PLATE NUMBER: 29THDO3)
FLASH: Here...
Judy: Yeah. Hurry. Thank you.
Flash: ...you... go.
Judy: (frantically reads) "2-9-T-H-D-0-3." It's registered to Tundratown Limo Service. A limo took Otterton, and the limo's in Tundratown! It's in Tundratown!
Nick: Way to hustle, bud. I love you. I owe you.
Judy: Hurry! We gotta beat the rush hour, and...
(EXT. DMV – CONTINUOUS. They go outside. It's night)
Judy: It's night?
__________
(Nick spots a cocktail glass... it's etched with a "B")
NICK: Well, now, wait a minute. (then, suspicious) Polar bear fur, Rat-pack music, fancy cup? (suddenly terrified) I know whose car this is. We got to go.
Judy: What? Whose car is it?
(Nick tries to put everything back the way he found it)
Nick: The most feared crime boss in Tundratown. They call him Mr. Big. And he does not like me. So we gotta go!
Judy: I'm not leaving. This is a crime scene.
Nick: Well, it's gonna be an even bigger crime scene if Mr. Big finds me here, so we're leaving right now.
(Nick ushers Hopps to the floor, but opens it to find two big POLAR BEARS)
Nick: (faux excitement) (GASPS) Raymond! And is that Kevin? Long time, no see. And, speaking of "no see", how about you forget you saw me, huh? For old times' sake?
(The polar bears grab Nick and Hopps by their throats...)
Nick: That's a no.
(...and yank them off screen)
(INT. POLAR BEAR CAR – MOMENTS LATER. VROOM! A car whizzes by. Inside, Nick and Hopps sits nervously in the back seat, sandwiched between between the polar bears–one of whom casually scrolls through Google Photos on his phone)
RAYMOND: Oh... (LAUGHING)
Judy: What did you do that made Mr. Big so mad at you?
Nick: (sotto) I, uh, I may have sold him a very expensive wool rug that was made from the fur of a skunk's butt.
Judy: (pissed at Nick) Oh, sweet cheese and crackers.
__________
(EXT. SUMMER TOWER – NIGHT. That evening, Fawn gathered her friends near Gruff's Summer Tower)
Fawn: First, thank you guys so much for meeting me here. I'm sure you're wondering what this is about.
(Tink, Vidia, Silvermist, Iridessa, and Rosetta were all there. Rosetta was already dressed for bed)
Rosetta: Whatever it is, it better be good. I was mid-exfoliation. Mid-exfoliation!
(Fawn told them)
Fawn: So, as you know, I really learned my lesson about being smarter when it comes to dangerous animals.
(The girls nodded)
TINKER BELL: We know. Rosetta: Oh, honey, you are doing great! IRIDESSA: Yeah, you're doing really good.
(Fawn began)
Fawn: However...
(Vidia rolled her eyes)
Vidia: And here we go.
(Tink braced herself)
Tinker Bell: Fawn?
(Fawn took a deep breath and moved aside)
Fawn: Ladies, say hello to Gruff!
(The NeverBeast was hanging upside down in the tree behind Fawn. He dropped down from the tree branch)
IRIDESSA: (WHIMPERS) Oh, no.
Silvermist: Hi, Gruff.
(Iridessa fainted)
Rosetta: What is that?
(Fawn shrugged)
Fawn: I actually don't know. I've never seen any animal like him before. Ever.
Tinker Bell: What does he eat?
Fawn: Not fairies.
(SIGHS OF RELIEF)
Silvermist: Well, that's a relief.
Fawn: So, I'm gonna take him to the Queen and show her he's harmless. Then I'll tell her how he destroyed Sunflower Meadow. Uh, well, how I destroyed... You know what? Maybe it was both of us.
Rosetta: You guys destroyed Sunflower Meadow?
(Fawn corrected him)
Fawn: He did it. It was an accident, okay?
(Gruff agreed and went back to work)
Vidia: And what do you call that?
Fawn: Again, I don't exactly know. But I'm working on it.
(Rosetta frowned)
Rosetta: I'm hearing a lot of "I don't knows" in this conversation.
Iridessa: Uh, uncertainty makes me uncomfortable.
Fawn: Come on! Have I ever put you guys in danger?
Rosetta: Yes. Silvermist: Sure. Iridessa: Frequently. Tinker Bell: Yeah.
Rosetta: I still can't sit up straight.
(Vidia waited a beat before saying)
Vidia: Hawk!
(She was reminding them about Hannah, just to prove a point)
Fawn: Oh, yeah. The point is, I want to do the responsible thing this time. Just like I promised.
(The girls looked at one another, then Tink turned to Fawn)
Tinker Bell: I'm guessing you already have a plan in mind?
(She did)
Fawn: "Operation Gruff-a-Go-Go!"
(EXT. PIXIE DUST TREE, PIXIE HOLLOW – NIGHT. A little while later, Fawn and the others had coated Gruff in pixie dust and flown him through the sky. Fawn sat on his head as the girls guided them toward the Pixie Dust Tree. Gruff landed softly)
(Fawn hopped)
Fawn: Open up, big guy.
(She used his own spit to smooth his fur)
Rosetta: Ew! My skin is gonna break out.
Fawn: Okay, so I'll go in and set the stage. Then, on my signal, get him in position, and I'll bring her out. (to Gruff) Don't worry. She's gonna love you.
(Fawn stepped away)
Fawn: (INHALES) Here I go! Model citizen, all the way!
(The girls cheered her on)
TINKER BELL: Good luck! SILVERMIST: Be brave! ROSETTA: You can do it, sugar!
(The girls watched Fawn as she entered the queen's chambers)
Vidia: She's doomed.
(INT. QUEEN'S CHAMBERS, PIXIE DUST TREE – NIGHT. Fawn started speaking the minute she entered through the queen's door)
Fawn: Queen Clarion, I've been thinking about what you said. Which is why I'm here to tell you that...
(Clarion turned and Fawn saw that Nyx was there, too)
(Fawn changed her mind about telling the queen)
Fawn: I, uh... You know what? It can wait. I'll come back.
Clarion: Fawn, I'm glad you're here.
Nyx: So am I.
Clarion: Nyx has discovered a dangerous animal in Pixie Hollow. We could really use your expertise.
(Outside the Pixie Dust Tree, Gruff was trying to get away from the girls and go to Fawn)
Rosetta: I am on the verge of perspiring over here. Do you see the signal?
(Fawn subtly gestured at the window, trying to tell Tink to take Gruff and leave)
NYX: I had my first direct sighting earlier today. This is no ordinary predator we're talking about. It's bigger and faster than anything we've ever seen. I combed through every animal text in the library and came up empty. But it turns out, I was looking in the wrong pl...
(Tink flashed an "I don't understand" gesture to Fawn)
(The moment Nyx and the queen looked away, Fawn exaggerated her gestures, until it looked like she was playing charades)
(Nyx noticed her wild gesticulations, but Fawn covered them up by pretending to do a dramatic yawn)
Fawn: (YAWNS) Hmm.
(Outside, Tink realized what was going on)
Tinker Bell: (WHISPERING) Back to the forest!
Iridessa: What?
Tinker Bell: Mission abort! Mission abort!
(Nyx made Fawn stay and listen as she told her about the ancient parchment and its predications)
Nyx: That comet that went by the other night, it was here before. 972 years ago. And each time it passes it wakes the creature.
(She showed Fawn a paper fragment that had a drawing of the beast on it)
Clarion: What is this?
Nyx: This is the NeverBeast. Once the comet brings it out of hibernation, it starts building.
(Another fragment showed Gruff's stone towers)
Nyx: Four rock towers. One in each season of Pixie Hollow.
(She went on with another picture)
Nyx: Green clouds fill the sky. The creature transforms. 
(In the final drawing, lightning vibrated from the towers, destroying Pixie Hollow)
Nyx: And then, a lightning storm so powerful, it consumes all of Pixie Hollow.
(Outside, Tink and the girls were doing their best to move Gruff)
TINKER BELL: Back home. ROSETTA: Come on, Gruff.
Nyx pointed at the fragmented drawings, now pieced together to form a single ancient parchment: The Legend of the NeverBeast)
Nyx: If we don't act fast, this storm will destroy us all.
Fawn: How do we really know this is true and not just some crazy legend or misunderstanding?
(The fairies pushed and pulled, but the beast was stubborn)
TINKER BELL: On three! One, two, three!
(As Vidia grabbed his ear, Gruff inhaled sharply, getting a whiff of Tink's dust, before exploding in a sneeze)
(Nyx and Clarion turned at the sound. Fawn pretended it was her sneeze)
Fawn: Wooh! I should get that checked out.
(NEVERBEAST GRUNTS)
(COUGHING)
Clarion: Hmm. That's odd.
Rosetta: Ew! My mouth was open!
Vidia: It's always open.
Tinker Bell: Guys! Guys, now is our chance! Quick!
Fawn: Look, animals do not control the weather.
Nyx: Ordinary animals don't.
(Fawn held up the drawing)
Fawn: Furthermore, this creature, with the horns and the bat wings. (SCOFFS) An animal that big couldn't possibly fly under his own power.
(She glanced out the window to see Gruff darting back and forth, out of control, as her friends chased him around)
(Nyx grabbed the parchment)
Nyx: Bottom line, either we capture the NeverBeast or life as we know it is over.
Clarion: Nyx, let's not do anything rash until we know more. See if you can locate the creature first.
Nyx: (SIGHS) Yes, Queen Clarion.
Fawn: I just don't want innocent animals to get hurt.
(Nyx turned to Fawn)
Nyx: And I don't want innocent fairies to get hurt. I'm not the enemy here.
(The queen stepped between them)
Clarion: Both of you are conscientious and talented fairies. And I trust you, both of you, to do what's right for Pixie Hollow.
(Nyx stood straighter. Fawn tightened her jaw. They both were determined to do things their own way)
(Outside the queen's chamber, Nyx's scouts waited)
Fury: What's the word?
Nyx: She trusts me to do the right thing.
Chase: Which is?
Nyx: (without hesitation) We go after it at dawn.
(EXT. SUMMER TOWER – NIGHT. That night, Gruff floated through the sky, pixie dust trailing behind him as he slowly descended)
(Fawn caught up)
FAWN: What happened? You were supposed to get him out of here.
Rosetta: Oh, we tried, sug. Giant thing wouldn't budge.
Tinker Bell: I think he didn't want to leave you.
(Fawn stroked the beast)
Fawn: I missed you too, Gruff.
(Vidia interrupted)
Vidia: Sorry to break whatever this is up. But what happened to doing the right thing?
Fawn: Nyx got there first.
Iridessa: And?
(Fawn flew up and sat on Gruff's nose)
Fawn: And... (SIGHS) Nyx found this harebrained legend about a creature called the "NeverBeast" who builds rock towers and shoots lightning to destroy Pixie Hollow. So now she thinks he's some kind of monster.
(The girls' eyes widened)
Fawn: I know. Crazy, right?
(But it was clear the girls believed Nyx)
Vidia: (CHUCKLES) Well, early day tomorrow. 
Iridessa: Oh. Am I tired!
Silvermist: (missed a spot) Really? I'm wide awake.
Rosetta: (grabbed her) (CHUCKLES) Bye-bye, now.
(Fawn shook her head at them)
Fawn: Come on, guys. You don't really think any of that stuff is true.
(But they did)
Fawn: It's just, I know he's not what they say he is.
Tinker Bell: Even if you're right, it's not safe for him here.
(Fawn thought about Tink's words)
__________
(Nick subtly touches Bellwether's wool puff)
Nick: (mouths, to Hopps) (WHISPERS) So fluffy!
Judy: Hey!
Nick: Sheep never let me get this close.
Judy: You can't just touch a sheep's wool!
Nick: It's like cotton candy. Judy: Stop it!
(Judy swats Nick, but accidentally hits Bellwether's puff)
Bellwether: Where to?
Judy: Uh, Rainforest District. Vine and Tujunga.
(ANGLE ON the computer screen)
BELLWETHER: There. Traffic cams for the whole city. Oh, this is so exciting, actually! (STAMMERS) I never get to do anything this important.
Judy: But you're the Assistant Mayor of Zootopia.
Bellwether: Oh. I'm more of a glorified secretary. I think Mayor Lionheart just wanted the sheep vote. (then, cheerfully) But he did give me that nice mug.
(She motions to a mug that reads World's Greatest Dad Assistant Mayor)
JUDY: Oh. BELLWETHER: Hmm.
Feels good to be appreciated.
LIONHEART: (INTERCOM) Smell-wether!
(Bellwether cringes)
Bellwether: Ugh. That's a fun little name he likes to use. I called him Lion-fart once. He did not care for that. Let me tell you it was not a good day for me. (pressing intercom button) Yes, sir?
Lionheart: (INTERCOM) I thought you were going to cancel my afternoon!
Bellwether: Oh, dear. I better go. (to Hopps, while leaving) Let me know what you find. It was really nice for me to be...
Lionheart: (INTERCOM) While we're young, Smell-wether.
(Bellwether finally opens her big heavy door and leaves)
Nick: You think when she goes to sleep she counts herself?
Judy: Oh, shush.
__________
Yummo: Let's rope him!
Wickersham: Let's cage him!
Horton: No!
(HORTON WHIMPERING)
Kangaroo: Stop!
Horton: (NERVOUS CHUCKLE) Hey, fellas. Good to see you. All at once. You look really great as a horde.
Kangaroo: Horton, Horton, Horton. Look at that mess you've created for yourself. All this hullabaloo over a silly little flower.
Horton: It's a speck.
(INT. THE GREENHOUSE CAR – CONTINOUS. They both see the rows of night howlers)
Judy: The weasel wasn't lying.
Nick: Yeah, it looks like old Doug's cornered the market on Night Howlers.
(Click! A Door opens off screen! They quickly hide under a desk as a TOUGH SHEEP LABWORKER enters)
(He goes through the process of harvesting the pollen, eventually producing a small, blue paint ball pellet of night howler toxin. Nick and Hopps watch it all)
Kangaroo: Right. I mean, it's silly, really all this talk of roping you and caging you, and, well...
Kangaroo: we don't need to go into the details. The point is, this angry mob, all the trouble you're in. It can all go away.
(ALL GROAN DISAPPOINTEDLY)
Horton: Really?
Kangaroo: Of course. All you have to do is admit to everyone that there are no little people living on that speck. That you were wrong and I was right.
Kangaroo: You do that, and things can go right back to the way they were. But, if you don't, you're going to have to pay the price.
-(GASPS) -(CROWD CHORTLING)
-(WHIMPERS) -(SNICKERING)
(EXT. SCOUT HEADQUARTERS – NIGHT/DAY. Silvermist and Tink went with Fawn to the scout headquarters)
FAWN: Hang tight, Gruff! We're getting you out of here!
(They tried to let Gruff go, but the net wouldn't budge)
Tinker Bell: We need help.
Fawn: Pull harder!
(Just then, Rosetta, Iridessa, and Vidia arrived)
Rosetta: Oh, for goodness' sake, there is an easier way to do this.
(They shook dust over the net)
Fawn: Thank you.
(The net rose)
Fawn: Go! Take cover! Come on, Gruff!
(Gruff didn't seem to see her)
Fawn: Gruff, let's go!
(LIGHTNING CRACKLING)
Fawn: Gruff?
(GROWLS SOFTLY)
Tinker Bell: Come on, Fawn! Rosetta: Get out of there!
Vidia: Life or death moment, here!
(Fawn was worried when lightning struck head nearby)
FAWN: Listen to me. You're having a reaction to the Nightshade.
(Gruff picked up her scent, but his eyes were clouded. He could, however, see the glow of her pixie dust)
Fawn: You can see my glow!
(She reached out and rubbed his nose)
Fawn: Don't worry, Gruff. I'm gonna get you out of here.
(Lightning exploded through the sky)
(Gruff roared and knocked Fawn away as a bolt of lightning struck him dead-on!)
(As the electricity hit Gruff, raw patches on his back began to expand and his back began to expand and his jointed ribs unfolded. A spidery membrane stretched over the beast's back, between his shoulders, then unfurled into giant wings!)
Rosetta: Well, I did not see that coming.
(Taking a moment to think about what she was seeing...)
FAWN: Nyx got it backwards. He's not here to destroy us. The towers, they draw in the lightning, so he can collect it! It's what he's been preparing for the whole time!
(Gruff grunted toward Fawn)
(INT. GREENHOUSE CAR – CONTINOUS. The Sheep's phone RINGS)
Doug: (into phone) You got Doug here. What's the mark? Cheetah in Sahara Square. Got it.
(The Sheep loads a gun, cocks it. We see a MAP with pictures of a various animal targets)
Doug: (into phone) You serious? Yeah, I know they're fast. I can hit him. Listen, I hit a tiny little otter through the open window of a moving car.
(Hearing this, the pieces of the puzzle start falling into place for Hopps. She looks up at the picture of Otterton– we FLASHBACK to see Doug hitting him with a serum pellet. Then Hopps looks at Manchas's picture– we FLASHBACK to that)
DOUG: (into phone) Yeah, I'll buzz you when it's done. Or you'll see it on the news. You know, whichever comes first.
(BAM, BAM, BAM! The goons have returned)
JESSE: Hey, Doug, open up! We've got your latte.
Doug: (into phone) All right, Woolter and Jesse are back, so I'm leaving now. Out.
(Hopps looks around, what is she going to do. As Doug goes to the door to unlock it, Hopps creeps out of their hiding spot)
Nick: (WHISPERING) Hey. Where are you going? Get back here! What are you doing? He's gonna see you! What are you looking at? Hey! Whatever you're thinking, stop thinking it. Carrots! Carrots!
(EXT. SCOUT HEADQUARTERS – NIGHT/DAY. She told her friends)
Fawn: (to Gruff) I understand. (to her friends) We're going to the towers.
Iridessa: No! Tinker Bell: It's too dangerous.
(Fawn knew she was right this time)
Fawn: For once, my head and heart, they're actually telling me to do the same thing.
TINKER BELL: Fawn, you can't!
Fawn: It's okay. That said, if things don't go well, Sil, you can have my rock collection.
Silvermist: (GASPS) Oh.
Horton: Huh. So I just have to say it isn't true?
Hmm.
Horton: Go ahead. Rope me, cage me. Do whatever you want. But there are people on this speck. And they have a Mayor, who has 96 daughters and one son name JoJo who all share a bathroom, whatever that is.
ALL: Ooh! Ah!
Horton: And even though you can't hear or see them at all, (INFANT SIGHS) a person's a person, no matter how small.
-(ANIMALS MURMURING) -Huh? Hmm?
Kangaroo: That was beautiful, Horton. Rope him! Cage him!
(ALL GROWL)
Kangaroo: And burn that speck in a pot of boiling Beezlenut oil!
Hmm.
(CROWD GASPING)
Mayor: They don't believe we're here.
Mayor: We've got to make some noise! We are here! We are here! We are here!
Whos: (SCATTERED) We are here. We are here. We are here.
Whos: We are here! We are here!
Mayor: Come on!
Whos: (OTHERS JOINING IN) We are here! We are here!
Mayor: Everybody!
Whos: We are here! We are here!
Mayor: We are here! We are here! We are here!
DOUG: It better have the extra foam this time.
(BAM! Hopps kicks Woolter in the back, knocking him into the other two Thugs. Hopps locks the door)
JESSE: Hey! Open up!
(The Thugs start banging on the doors)
Nick: What are you doing? You just trapped us in here.
Judy: We need to get this evidence to the ZPD!
(Nick picks up the case)
Nick: Okay. Great! Here it is. Got it!
Judy: No. All of it!
Nick: Wait, what?
(ALL CHORTLING)
-(OIL BUBBLING) -(WICKERSHAM GRUNTS)
(SIZZLES)
Kangaroo: This will teach you not to make up stories about people on specks!
(WHOS CHANTING MUFFLY)
Horton: Listen. There they are!
Rope him!
Cage him!
Horton: It's not working. I can hear you. But, their ears aren't strong enough.
Mayor: We need to be louder! Get every Who to make noise! Everyone!
Whos: (CHANTING LOUDLY) We are here! We are here! We are here!
Mayor: JoJo, where are you going?
Mayor: We need every voice, JoJo!
Horton: You need to make some noise down there, or we all be destroyed!
(INT. THE GREENHOUSE CAR – CONTINOUS. Hopps rushes to the control room, tries to start the engine)
Nick: Oh, great, you're a conductor now, huh? Hey. Listen. It would take a miracle to get this rust-bucket going.
(The train starts moving)
Nick: Well. Hallelujah.
(INT. TRAIN TRACKS – SAME)
Doug: (on the phone) We kinda got a situation at the lab. (noticing train) It just got worse!
(Doug and his minions race after the train)
(Fawn went before Gruff to lead the way)
Fawn: All right, big guy. Just follow my glow.
(GRUNTS)
NARRATOR: The Mayor grabbed the tom-tom and started to smack it.
-(SINGING HIGH NOTE) -(HORNS PLAYING)
Narrator: And all over Who-ville, they whooped up all racket.
(LOUD HORN)
Narrator: They rattled tin kettles, they beat on brass pans. On garbage pail tops, and old cranberry cans. They blew on bazookas and blasted great toots. On clarinets, oom-pahs, and boom-pahs and flutes.
-(PLAYING FLUTE) -(HORNS PLAYING)
(CROWD CHANTING)
Mayor: There!
WHOS: (CHANTING) We are here! We are here!
Mayor: Can they hear us now?
(INT. SUBWAY CAR – SAME. Nick and Hopps race away, feeling fairly confident)
NICK: Mission accomplished. Would it be premature for me to do a little victory toot-toot?
Judy: All right. One toot-toot.
(Nick blows the train whistle)
Nick: Well, I can cross that off the bucket list.
Horton: Listen, please! It's the most beautiful thing ever.
Yummo: I don't hear nothin'!
(SCREECHES)
Horton: I don't think so. But, keep trying! (STRAINING) I'll never give in!
-(LOUD GRUNT) -(MONKEYS STRAINING)
Horton: Are you sure that every Who down in Who-ville is trying?
-(INSTRUMENTS PLAYING) -(ALL SINGING LOUD)
(ACCORDION PLAYING)
Sally: (ON MEGAPHONE) We are here! We are here!
Mayor: Where's JoJo?
Sally: Probably at the old observatory.
CHORUS: (SINGING) We are here

No comments:

Post a Comment